Sunday, July 28, 2013

Future Posts


I really should post a blog week, even if it is about nothing. I always get these ideas about how to piss-off the world, and then I just get drunk or do some squats or something that.

I made this blog to talk about my music, my band, "Yuki Yuki Yasumi," but talking about music is one of the most boring things in the world. No one, even the wonderful individuals who have spent money on my music really want to know what goes on behind the scenes. Do you really want to hear me record god-awful demos on my zoom recorder? Do you want to agonize over me debating word choices and fumbling over pacing out the lyrics to a song? Of course not.

With that said, my music is taking a bizarre direction, I don't know or understand where anything I do fits into the grand scheme of things. I'm in the mood to do angrier songs, more akin to my metal roots, more screaming and more lyrics about social/philosophical topics of relevance to my life.

I'm 32 years old. I'm a failure. If I never write, record or release a song ever again no one will ever care.

I'm not coming to a nihilistic epiphany all of a sudden. I've felt this way the last decade of my life, but I've toiled on. I cannot imagine a life where I don't wake up on the weekend, drink a pot of coffee, do a niacin flush, and full around on my computer programming tracks. Or grabbing one of my many instruments off the wall and just fulling around. This life, this passion, has stood between me and any possibility of being "normal." Or of having a "social life."

But for now on, I will make it a point to share "something" on this blog every week. Some kind of "progress" even if it is garbage, or just something I posted somewhere else, that I never got around to promote.

My arsenal of weapons. Some of them, at least.  

No comments:

Post a Comment