Sunday, August 22, 2010

Making Music: It's actually the easy part

Making music is the easy part. Everything else is hard. Like this internet thing for instance.
Anyway:

Getting to know Allan from YYY: Random information:

* I am a big Philadelphia Eagles fan and I can get annoying during the fall if someone gets me talking about football.
* When I played football when I was younger I was either middle linebacker or nose tackle (positions I started in given years when I was a starter).
* I can't eat seafood, in particular, shellfish.
* I can eat seaweed.
* I need to wear the extra large nitrile gloves even though I don't think my hands are very big.
* The first instrument I learned to play was viola (3rd grade).
* I prefer taking baths over showers.
* I used to read Nietzsche and Schopenhauer for fun back when I was young.
* I took my first Japanese class after I graduated from college, for the 2nd time.
* I've been to a Japanese hot spring (onsen).
* I however, have yet to go to a Japanese bath house.
* I did not go to a karaoke bar in Japan, even though I've been in 4 Japanese language karaoke contests at anime conventions.
* I like Osaka more than Tokyo.
* I think I like New York more than Philly.
* I cheer for my hometown "Philly" sports teams.
* I lost 45 lbs. in the last 3 months.
* My favorite activities include taking long walks and drinking tea.
* I've worn a Japanese school girl uniform at an anime con.
* I enjoy single malt whiskey/scotch or cognac every now and then
* My favorite brand of shoes is New Balance.
* My zodiac sign is cancer, I was born in the year of the rooster.
* My favorite color in purple.
* My bedroom in sponge-painted purple.
* My artist, Joey, beat Contra on 3 lives.
* My favorite cheese is swiss, but Munster makes the best grilled cheese sandwich (farmer's cheese is really good as well).
* I'm currently trying to learn four languages at once.
* I love Role Playing Video games, but I haven't really played one in a long time (just don't have the time).
* I really like it when people draw my blood, and I always let the new students/trainees "practice" on me.
* I "irrigated" my own ear canals when I had a "blockage." I am very proud of this because I avoided having to go to the doctor's and pay a co-pay.
* My favorite season is autumn.
* I don't favor dogs over cats, I actually like them both the same.
* My favorite holiday in Halloween.
* I usually work the holidays at my day job.
* My favorite songs on the first Yuki album are "Help Myself" and "Stop My Heart," I also love "Pyon Pyon" even though Nate HATES it and refuses to ever play it live.
* My favorite instrument to play is bass guitar.
* The anime that got me into anime was Ranma 1/2.
* My favorite manga is Midori no Hibi.
* I wrote my first song on guitar when I was in 7th grade (it was pretty bad).
* I actually thought food/cost of living in Japan was "affordable"
* I love to fly in airplanes.
* I hate to drive anywhere.
* I love to ride on trains. Probably one of the many reasons I like Japan so much, and probably one the reasons I'll like Europe whenever I go there.
* I can eat with chopsticks.
* When I went to Japan, I knew a lot less Japanese than I know now, in fact, I learned Katakana on the plane ride over.
* Even though I love traveling to Japan, I wouldn't want to "work" there.
* The last beach I was on was in Shirahama, Japan, but I might go to the Jersey shore soon.
* If I could travel to any European country, I'd like to travel to Italy first.
* I like absinthe, and other bitter things.
* Someday, I'd like to tour Thailand.
* I'd like to meet a nice girl who will travel the world with me.
* I always like the tsundere girls in anime.
* I used to be really good at chess. I'm probably still pretty good.
* I like to catch crabs, but I won't eat them.
* The main online videos I follow are Angry Video Game Nerd and Zero Punctuation.
* The best concerts I ever attended were Savatage, Dir En Grey, and Mercyful Fate.
* I started writing music with "computers" in high school on a really old Tandy that my mom got for free.
* I got into using MIDI in large part due to my friend and bass player, Andy.
* I am afraid of scorpions. Well, maybe not that afraid.
* I ran track in high school (100/200 meters, 4x100 relay).
* I met Andy running track.
* I met Nate (Yuki guitarist) in Latin Class. The first thing of his I remember reading was a poem about a cat falling down the stairs.
* I dressed in drag and tried out for my high school talent show Junior year and did not get in.
* I dressed in green spandex and a Danzig shirt and tried out for my high school talent show my senior year and got in.
* I'm not as into metal as much as people think I am, but I still like it.
* I love Thai food.
* Every girl I've ever had a crush on has not liked me back; it sucks but it makes for good songwriting.
* I always bring my "baby blankets" to sleepovers.

Okay that's enough for now off the top of my head. I'll archive this to a bio section or something after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment